So I mentioned yesterday, one of my biggest prospects is Jarir Bookstore. What, .. to share my dream? It's been a year that we made back and forth between Jeddah and Riyadh to meet the founders of this company. Like all companies in Saudi Arabia, these are families, not managers or shareholders who are heads of companies. Convincing a prospect has a greater emotional component. It is not convincing or demonstrate that it provides something, it is to prove that it does not distort, they can capture this evolution as if they themselves the had imagined.
Then Jarir FNAC is a bit of 20 years ago in France. It is a retail store that sells cultural, DVDs, CDs, books, but also the computer technology of the product (photo, MP3, GSM) and stationery (way Shift in France - Ideal for office and school year).
You've understood that these products alone determine different populations, different purchasing cycles, loyalty systems may be different or targeted, but also the opportunity to address the B2C or B2B given the wide range of clientele. Jarir is more of a very clean store is a network, it is well established, it still has large parking lots (this is not always the case in Saudi Arabia), ... and plus they already have a draft card style points after 10 purchases, you get 10% of the 11th.
Do not be surprised of 10% in France where it is rather between 3 and 5% discount. I've already beaten with Toys' R Us and Sawani They want to 'give' to loyal customers, and the margins are like 'let go' 10% is not much for them. No doubt the futures market will be soft, but I doubt that there have not inflated discounts. Here we are not very focused on services, we prefer to give you or offer you a large discount that set up a valet parking for example.
So Jarir is a joy on paper, and more technically I already know I do and all the infrastructure to manage multiple programs, analyze the ski (reported purchases), the segment short, the dream. In addition
Jarir more books because of the press, and it would be a godsend as 'sell' by following the information or contacts with various publishing houses, even acting as a third of customer relationship launch of the subscription management (which does not exist here except for the daily Arab News Press style).
It was convincing, and that is why today I am in contact with the dean of this family (the father), but it does not always loose pieces. It is difficult to achieve this level of negotiation, but when it is even harder. People travel constantly, are not there, rarely respond to the phone.
The goal is pitbull and bite so do not let go, it always pays in the end, of course after 15 discount, so you need to know to make a pricing accordingly at the first meetings.
Feel free to visit their site, it's very telling, you'll find yourself on the Amazon site there are 9 or 10 years ago. I think that 2008 might be a turning point with Jarir Bookstore in any case is all the happiness I wish us.
To not do that in economics and business strategy ... I like to go to Jarir, who is on Sari Street, near Corniche, it is the south side of the street. It's fun but the Virgin has decided that implants be placed next to, on the roundabout that you usually use to go to Jarir. It's interesting that competition, but Virgin (at least in Dubai) this position mainly on the sale of music, movies too. A real challenge in Saudi Arabia where all cultural content is pirated and sold routinely on the street ...
Other details of Sari Jarir street, stop for a coffee in Starbucks that is inside ... Think ... nothing will shock you ... ok it's not great for a Starbuck ... but, but ... Yes, there are no walls to separate men and women. It is the only public place I know well in Jeddah. The gossips say that Riyadh had already done everything they close (I want to believe), but hey .. enjoy the coffee (I like the caramel frapuccino) :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment